Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Fragrance That Took Over - YSL Black Opium



I’m all for a dark musky perfume. I find they tend to be timeless, so I rarely grow tired of them. But l was ready for a little something new. And since I was at our local perfumery and there just happened to be an offer on all perfumes, I went for the YSL Black Opium eau de parfum.

I had heard pretty much nothing but good things about it and the last years it has made quite the name for itself, in a good way of course, in the blogger-vlogger community.

When I smelled Black Opium for the first time, I instantly loved it. After the saleslady informed me it had notes of black coffee in it, I could definitely understand my attraction to the scent. In addition to this bitterness, it contains vanilla ,which takes care of the sweet side of things, and notes of cedar, patchouli, white flowers of jasmine sambac and absolu of fleur d’oranger. It’s the perfect combination for a beautiful scent and I couldn’t be more happy for splurging on this little one.

I’m not a massive perfume wearer, but I did have some scents before purchasing this one. The first scent I actually selected and purchased for myself is Gucci Guilty. I have since repurchased it and still wear it frequently.

The perfume I got after that is Chanel N°5. And yes I simply got this scent because it is Chanel N°5. I don’t care wether some people think I smell like on old lady or not. It’s Chanel N°5 and that is how it makes feel whenever I wear it. Which I have to admit, isn’t that often. But who cares. With a perfume that has that kind of a legacy and history behind it, I already feel more special by simply owning it.


NEDERLANDS


I houd van een parfum met een muskus geur. Ze komen tijdloos over en ik geraak ze dan ook zelden beu. Toch was ik klaar voor een nieuw geurtje. Hierbij kwam dan nog dat er een actie liep in de lokale Ici Paris. Des te meer reden dus om te gaan voor Black Opium van YSL.

Tot nu toe hoorde ik alleen maar goede dingen oer het parfum. De laatste jaren maakten het ook een goede naam voor zichzelf in de blogger-vlogger community.

Wanneer ik Black Opium voor het eerst rook was ik er meteen weg van. De winkelbediende informeerde me dat het zwarte koffie bevatte. Dit verklaarde natuurlijk wel het een en het ander. Naast deze bittere geur heeft het parfum ook een zoete kant. Hiervoor zorgt de vanille en oranjebloesem. Het is de perfecte combinatie voor een prachtige geur.

Ik ben niet iemand die dagelijks parfum draag. Toch heb ik over de jaren heen een aantal geurtjes verzameld. Het eerste geurtje dat ik voor mezelf kocht is Gucci Guilty. Ik heb het ondertussen al een aantal keer opnieuw gekocht en draag het nog steeds regelmatig.


Het parfum dat ik daarna kocht is Chanel N°5. Ik kocht het ook enkel en alleen omdat het Chanel°5 was. Een parfum met zo’n geschiedenis en legacy moest ik gewoon hebben. Het kan me niet schelen dat sommige vinden dat het een geur is voor oudere dames. Ik vind het een prachtig parfum. Hoewel ik het niet erg vaak draag zou ik niet willen dat het mijn kleine collectie ontbreekt.

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This