Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Great Puzzle #6: A Little Goodbye to Antwerp


I was so happy to be stepping on that train this morning. I was going to visit one of my favorite cities and some of my favorite people. But the Antwerp I had left didn’t seem to be there anymore. With my vision no  longer blurred by stress and anxiety, the place I arrived at had changed drastically.

The streets I rushed through countless times with my headphones in, music blaring, on my way to a little studio I had started to call home suddenly called for all my attention. All of a sudden there were shops I never cared to notice before and statues of people long gone that never caught my eye. It almost felt like I was on vacation trying to take in and remember as much of it as I possibly could before having to leave it behind in this strange place in the past you can only place by looking at 
pictures or pointing it out on a map.

I’m on my way home now, I guess. And as the train takes me away from the place I spend the last two years of my life, I begin to realize just how much I am going to miss this place and the people in it.


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This