Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Great Puzzle #5: Changes. Changes everywhere...


Pfoo… It’s been a crazy busy week full of changes. Firstly, I moved back home from my university room and from my room at home, I moved into my sister’s old room. Which, for someone who doesn’t like change, is a lot on its own. And to know that these pretty big changes are only a side effect of an even bigger change is downright scary.

So, why all the moving? Well, I’ll be attending a different school next year. When I was asked what I wanted to do for the rest of my life at the age of eighteen when I had graduated high school, I had no idea what that was going to be. I did not want to move on to higher education at all, but there was no way I was going to be taking a gap year and the start of the school year was starting only a few weeks later. So I went with my gut and choose my studies based on what I liked.

Since I liked to spend my time with fictional characters, I wound up going to college and giving Literature and Linguistics a go and I turned out to love it a lot. So much that I spend 2 years working like a crazy person for it. The payoff, however, often wasn’t too great. And last exam season, I had had it. I was sick off all the hard work and never being rewarded for it. So, I kind of gave up on it. I had only one exam to go and I did study for it, but I didn’t make the effort like I should have done. And that showed when the results came. My grades were actually pretty good and I ended up failing only the lasts 2 exams I gave up on. Even though my results weren’t as bad as I thought they were going to be, in my heart I already knew I wasn’t going to go through with what I was doing.

Over the last two years I have changed a lot. That might not be a good thing, but I do think I kind off know what I want to do with my life and which studies are going to get me there. You see, this blogging thing I have been doing for the past months, I really started to love it and it made me realize I want to be more on the writing/producing side of things rather than on the critiquing side of things. So, in September, I will be starting Journalism in a city close to where I live. I ‘m exited to see how this is going to turn out and I'll be able to spend more time with my family and my "old" friends again. However, there is no doubt that I will miss my friends from college and off course Antwerp. But I’m sure I will be seeing both of them again. After all, they are only a train ride away.



Share this PostPin ThisEmail This