Sunday, May 1, 2016

How To: Side Split Blouse



Ever since this winter, the side split blouse has been appearing in stores left, right and center. Sadly, I haven’t seen them actually being worn too much. This isn’t too much of a surprise since it’s a lot different from last year’s crop tops and not the easiest piece to style. Want to know some ways to pull this fashion trend off? Let’s have a look at some!


Now, the easiest and most forward way is wearing it in all its glory. But, when wearing this piece, there is something you should be wary about. Since the split cuts the sides of the blouse quite high, it’s important that the pant you are wearing beneath it come high enough. This way, there isn’t a random strip of skin showing. (Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing, but in a professional environment, that might be something you’ll want to look out for.)


My favorite way to wear a side split blouse is by tucking in one side of the front. I love the quirkiness it bring to my look. It’s a different way of wearing a classic piece without losing the casual blouse vibe.


Lastly, there’s the tailcoat way of wearing the side split blouse. I just tuck in the front completely, wave my arms around so it becomes slightly undone and I’m ready to go! It somehow makes me think of a mullet. You know, business in the front, party in the back. Haha… Perfect for school/work when you want to appear a bit more serious without losing your individuality.

SHOES - CÉCIL


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This