Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What I Got For My 21st Birthday



On Saturday, April 2nd, I turned twenty-one. To celebrate, my family and friends gave me some amazing gifts. From makeup, to skincare, to jewelry, to books and movie tickets. They spoiled me rotten. I’m so grateful to have these lovely people in my life. Here are some of the things they got me.


Real Techniques - Sculpting Set 
To start off, I got a new set of makeup brushes. I’ve had my eye on this one for quite a while. It’s the sculpting set from Real Techniques. In the set there is (from left to right) a setting brush, a fan brush and a sculpting brush. I have been making my way into contouring and highlighting for quite some time now and I’m super exciting to extend my skills a bit further now I have these to play with.

the Balm cosmetics - Mary-Lou Manizer

I also got a new highlighter. I’ve had a few in some sets before, but the pay-off wasn’t too great and they didn’t last too long either. So, for my birthday, I asked for the Mary-Lou Manizer from the Balm. It’s a cult favorite, so I knew I was getting the good stuff this time around. I have been loving using this in combination with the sculpting set btw. It’s the perfect combination of gifts!

Rituals - Intesive Moisturising Mask 

Now, onto skincare. I ran out of my Dr. Van der Hoog mask a while ago and wanted to try a more moisturizing mask. The one I got is from Rituals. I choose one from Rituals because I have loved all their products I used this far. For those of you who have visited my blog before have probably read about my Rituals lip balm since it’s one of my favorite beauty/skincare products. I’ve had the chance to give this mask a go and I really enjoyed it. A review on it will be included in one of my upcoming blogposts. So follow me on Bloglovin’ or Facebook if you want to know more about this mask.

Earrings - Twice As Nice

Lastly, my mom got me earrings. I’m one of the unlucky ones allergic to nickel. This means that I can only tolerate real silver or gold jewelry. Because of this, buying jewelry is often a serious investment. It’s a blessing and a curse. I’m so happy I got to update my earrings for my birthday. I went for three simple and minimalistic designs. I got two different sized rods and a pair of simple rings.

Note: I’m not posting this to brag about the stuff I got. If anything I did this to say thank you to the wonderful people in my life that took the time to pick something out for me. I also narrowed this down to beauty and lifestyle products so it fit my blog and my audience. So, you could call it a preview of what is to come. I hope you have a lovely day. x Jana

*on my nails: You R On My Mint - Catrice*

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This