Sunday, March 6, 2016

Base Makeup | Foundation Routine



I have talked about lipsticks, nail polishes, eyeshadows, eyeliners and mascara’s. It’s probably about time I say a little something about the base of all of that. I know, it’s way more fun to experiment with different colors and you can’t really do that with base products. However, when you don’t have your base products figured out, the rest of your makeup won’t be able to fully be it’s fabulous self. So, let’s get those moisturizers, primers, foundations and blushers out and get started!

(product names underneath photos!)

To start of I prep my face with a highly hydrating moisturizer with SPF. My skin has been suffering a lot from the cold winter months. It has never been dryer, so it drinks this moisturizer up like there is no tomorrow.


Louis Widmer Sun Protection Face SPF 30 & Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro - 002
Once the dry patches have been taking care of, I prime my face. I only use a primer in my T-zone. It seems to be the place with the most visible pores and where makeup tends to disappear first. P.S., I obviously don’t do this every day. Who has got time for that? But, for the sake of this post, I included it.

MAC Matchmaster - MAC Mineralize
Then, on to foundation. I actually use two foundations. One that’s lighter and more matte in my T-zone and one that’s a bit darker and nourishing on the outer parts of my face. I’m kind of applying them in the places where you’d put lighter and darker contouring creams. It has the same brightening and structuring effect, without changing your face drastically. You could say it’s a light everyday contour.


Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - 002 Beige
To set all of this, I use a pressed powder. Again, I focus on my T-zone, because that's where the makeup tends to disappear first.


Maybelline -Master Sculpt 002 Medium Dark
But now, on to the actual contour. Again though, I don’t go too crazy. I just put a bit of dark powder under my cheekbones and blend it out with a bigger brush. With this brush, I then take the color up to my temples and the sides of my forehead.


Mac powder blush - Harmony Matte
To warm up my face, I use the same big blush brush and a bit of bronzer, or in this case a blush for girls with darker skin. I swirl this over my cheeks and again the sides of my forehead.


MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush - 25 Alluring Rose


Finally, I take my blusher and take them from my cheeks. I then blend them out all the way to my ears. The blusher I’m has a bit of shimmer in it, so I tend not to bother with highlighter after that.

The only thing that’s left to do is my brows and lipstick. But those I’m keeping for another time. Keep your eyes peeled for that one!

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This