Thursday, June 11, 2015

This Is Not Enough


I have been considering to start vlogging. Not the kind where you sit down and talk to a camera. No. The document your life kind of vlogs that capture the beauty of the little things. The things we tend to forget. We don’t have any trouble remembering graduations, weddings, births, buying of first apartments and houses and cars and… It is the small things we forget. The smile after you see someone you love appear or that warm and fuzzy feeling you get from that first sip of coffee in the morning when you have waited that tiny bit longer before drink it. Those are the things I would like to capture. Beautiful heartwarming things. But lately I haven’t been noticing any of those. Trains and busses get missed, people are forgotten, friendships fizzle out and dreams turn out to be too far out of reach. I can’t shake the feeling that all of it might not be worth it. All the effort and heartbreak, what does it bring us? I see more and more lives wasted, people giving up on what they once truly believed in and I can’t help but feel like I’m lost in a sea of ugly. But then again that might be all the more reason to look harder, to get that camera and find the beauty worth fighting for.



Share this PostPin ThisEmail This