Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Back To Basics, A Minimalist Monochrome Tale




Lately I have been trying to redefine my style. For the past few years I have been buying clothes that weren’t me. Every day, I feel like I can be myself more.
Even though, I was always convinced that I was one of the few who wore whatever she wanted whenever she wanted, I now see that I was very much influenced by negative feedback. And somehow, my closet ended up being this collection of clothes I didn’t choose because I loved them, but because they were not what other people perceived as unflattering or even ugly. (Does this make sense?)

I have always preferred monochrome over colorful clothes. And now the classic look is all the hype, I finally decided to go back to my blacks, whites and earthy tones. In addition, I am also checking out the capsule wardrobe concept. I have many beautiful special pieces hanging in my closet, but often I just can’t seem to combine them and make them into a coherent outfit. This is particularly annoying on those mornings I don’t know what to wear. So, I am looking for a compact wardrobe that is easy to choose from and defines me as a person. These are the first bits I got on my quest to the perfect classic monochrome wardrobe.


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This