Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Top 5 Skincare Products




It is no secret that I love experimenting with my beauty products. New eyeshadows or lipsticks are welcome any day. I’ll try out as many as I can on my little student budget. But, to be able to use all these amazing products without breaking out all over the place, I have to follow my skincare routine. Over the years I seem to have found one that is perfect for my skin and the problems it comes across. I have been using the same skincare products for years now. A dermatologist recommended some products to me when I was about 14. And I have stuck to them ever since. Sure I have made some slight changes and added some products here and there since your skin changes over time. But the core pretty much stayed unaltered.  



Water


Before getting into my favorite products, I would like to mention my dear friend Water. We all know that drinking a lot of water can do wonders for your skin. But it can also give your skin a break from the chemicals in your skincare products. Don’t feel like you have to wash your face with soaps or gels every day. If you do, you’re stripping all the good oils from your skin along with all the bad stuff. So, allow yourself to be lazy every other day or so and only use water and a washcloth to wash your face. Your skin will be thanking you. Now on to the products!



Make Up Remover


Like many other, the make up remover I tend to for Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I used to use the L’Oreal Make Up Remover, but it dried out my skin and I ended up with flakey dry patches in all kinds of places. So, I switched to micellar water and my skin recovered within a week. I still use the L’Oreal one for waterproof eye make up though. You know, the thing you are actually supposed to use it for... Read your labels, kids!



Cleanser


To further remove any impurities from my skin, I use my Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel. I have tried a few other ones, but none of them were gentle as well as deep cleansing. They were either way too harsh on my skin, or didn’t do anything. However, since I’ve passed puberty for a while now and don’t need anything this intense anymore, I don't use it on a daily basis anymore. I wash my face with it every other day. This way my skin has a day to recover and produce good natural oils in between. Doing this in combination with using a killer moisturizer allows me to keep my skin clear, yet moisturized.



Moisturizer


But Jana, what is this ‘Killer Moisturizer’ you speak of? Well, meet Louis Widmer (Sun Protection Face). I met him this summer in Greece when I was in high need of protection. He wrapped his muscly SPF 30 arms around my tender skin and protected me from bad Mr. Sun. We now live happily ever after. Seriously though, this stuff is amazing. I used to use the Vichy Normaderm moisturizer, but it didn't do the trick for me anymore.



Facial Mask


Even though I have a nice little routine down now, my skin is sometimes asking for a little treat. So every now and then, I use Dr Van der Hoog’s Quick Restore Face Mask to revive my skin. As the name suggests, it is QUICK. I can add this into my routine in the morning without losing a huge chunk of time. I just put this mask on before brushing my teeth and by the time I’m done, it has disappeared into my skin. Perfect for those early work/school mornings.



Lip Balm


Now the last one you might not consider to be a "skincare" product. But, them lips deserve some attention too! So, the last thing I do before crawling into bed, is moisturizing my lips with the Rituals Smooth Operator. It’s made out of magical shea butter and all kind of amazing oils. This makes it my absolute go-to after a day of wearing matte fall lipsticks or just to use as a caring gloss throughout the day.


What is your favorite skincare product? And do you often change your routine up? Let me know in the comments!

Want to see these products in action? Subscribe to my YouTube channel! I’m uploading a GRWM in which I use all of these babies.


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This